Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Book

Welcome to my blog. My site will deal with art, photography, and movies. 

I have been a working artist and an Academy Award nominated film-maker all of my life with a few years in the beginning where I actually held down a 9 to 5 job in advertising. 

Somewhere along the line I morphed into directing commercials, then music videos starting with the Beatles and finally feature films and documentaries. All the while I always painted and took photos, which I will share with you. 

My new book "The Making of the Lords of Flatbush" which chronicles my first feature film of the same name, is now in print. This is a must read book for anyone interested in movies, the mob, or celebrity. All told with a sense of humor and some never seen before photos of the stars. You can find it on Amazon.com or Bookpubintl.com.  

This is the film that launched the careers of Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler, Richard Gere and a host of others. 

I continue to serve on the Best Foreign Language Film committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences and will report on the wonderful and not so wonderful films that I see. 

So stay tuned. I'll be back. 
Stephen Verona - www.stephenverona.com

No comments: