Monday, June 29, 2009

Picture of the Week #31 " Cairo Caravan"


Picture of the Week #31 "Cairo Caravan" Giza, Egypt 1989 Signed and Stamped. Seeing the pyramids has to be one of the most memorable experiences of anyone's life. I remember when I came into Cairo on that portion of my around the world mid life tour, I was overwhelmed. This was something I had dreamt of as a kid, and now here I was. When I checked in to the Mena House Oberoi in Giza and the bell hop threw open the shutters and there across the street was the pyramids. I was truly blown away. I had always thought that they were way out in the middle of the desert. And yes, on three sides they are. But the forth side is right up to Giza. I quickly threw on my photographers vest and loaded up with film and cameras and headed across the street. I was immediately accosted by young boys who wanted to be my guide. I soon realized that it was easier to hire one than to fight them all off. I hopped on his camel and off we went to fulfill a dream. I want to go back, this time with my wife Ann. It is truly remarkable.

No comments: