Monday, October 19, 2009

Picture of the Week #47 "Dalai Lama Special"

Picture of the Week #47 "Dalai Lama Special" Sun Valley, Utah 2005 Signed and Stamped
When staying with friends in Sun Valley over the long Labor Day weekend in 2005 we had heard that His Holiness the Dalai Lama was coming to speak at a conference. What was so funny to me were these ads placed in the local papers advertising "The Dalai Lama Special" for rates on renting rooms or houses during his stay. And what made it even more peculiar was that the Dalai Lama was staying at my old theatrical agent's home. I knew this agent very well as I attended his bachelor party and his wedding and we hung out together a lot before I moved on to another agency. He never expressed any religious or spiritual leanings. But hey, he was an agent and they know how to go with the flow. I often thought that these ads might be a good segment on the Jay Leno show when he holds up newspaper clippings and wedding announcements.

No comments: