Sunday, January 16, 2011

Picture of the Week #112 "Crossing the Line"

Picture of the Week #112 "Crossing the Line" Beijing / Peking, China 1980 Signed and Stamped

When I was in China over 30 years ago, I was scouting locations and working on the budget for a film I was supposed to direct hopefully with Ingrid Bergman in the starring role, titled "The Footprints of the Pheasant in the Snow". The American title was "Memories". Sadly she became sick and the film financing disappeared. I remained in China as a guest of the Shanghai Art Council. The above images were actually a composite of the famous Mao poster that I brought back home and a photo of General Huong who assisted the Beijing Film Studio in some capacity that I never could figure out. Anyway, last week I attended the Photo LA show in Santa Monica and was very impressed particularly by the Chinese photographers. This prompted me to run home and go through my archives and to create this image. I titled it "Crossing Over" as Communism seems to be falling by the wayside to Capitalism. I hope this picture symbolizes that step in a simple, yet graphic interpretation.

No comments: