Sunday, February 13, 2011

Picture of the Week #116 "Banksy at the Curb"

Picture of the Week #116 "Banksy at the Curb" Santa Monica, California USA 2010 Signed and Stamped

Meeting my friend Bob Chartoff for lunch one day last May, I hopped out of my car in a great parking spot right in front of the restaurant. I looked down and there was this "Banksy" spray painting at the base of the light pole. I wasn't sure if it was the real Banksy or a knock off by Mr. Brainwash, another street artist and the subject of the wonderful documentary "Exit Through The Gift Shop". So when I got home I looked up Banksy's work online. There were other images very similar to this one. It resembled the iconic image from Esquire magazine. Now that the Academy Awards are getting near I thought it was time to post this, in hopes that "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins.

No comments: