Sunday, June 12, 2011

Picture of the Week #133 "Life in the Fast Lane"

Picture of the Week #133 "Life in the Fast Lane" London, England 1969 Signed and Stamped

In 1969 I was under contract to The Alliance Company that was supposed to make movies. I was the director and I was 29 years old. The Producer who was also a friend and had been my cinematographer on a film that was later nominated for an Academy Award was 28. And the President of the company was 27. We went to the Venice Film Festival to show my films and to promote our company which also had a majestic house on the Grand Canal. We had a small Yacht, a speed boat and of course a gondola at our disposal. After our incredible time in Venice we went to London where we were put up at the Dorchester Hotel and were whisked about in a Chauffeur driven Rolls Royce. Those were the days.

No comments: