Sunday, November 20, 2011

Picture of the Week #156 "Boys of Bhutan"

Picture of the Week #156 "Boys of Bhutan" Thimpu, Bhutan 2000 Signed and Stamped

I came across this image from our trip to Bhutan. As I might have said previously, I loved Bhutan. The people were friendly, the landscape was like Eden and the small kingdom had one goal, and that was happiness. What an extraordinary place. But since we were there 11 years ago Bhutan has discovered television. And from what I have heard is that the kids are now taking drugs and trying to imitate American youth. A shame as this country was ahead of the curve in so many ways. Crime was almost unheard of, and all plastic was banned. And everyone was educated and health care was a given. I'd love to return now and to see what other change has wrought.

No comments: