Monday, August 26, 2013


Picture of the Week #248 "Camel Jockeys" Giza, Egypt 1989 Signed & Stamped

Egypt, or more precisely Giza and the pyramids were an overwhelmingly delicious experience when I was there in 1989. I was halfway through my around the world trip that started off with a show of my work at the Harajuku Museum in Tokyo. From there I stopped in Singapore, Hong Kong, Abudabi, Kuwait and then picturesque Egypt. It was a dream come true to be at the pyramids. It was there that I ran out of the per diem money that the Museum was generous enough to bestow on the artists. So, by the time I got to Paris, it was on me. A small price to pay to be in Paris, another of my favorite places on the planet. I took many pictures like most tourists when I went to Egypt. But now that I've gone digital I'd love to go back and this time to go down the Nile to Luxor and document this great ancient civilization. But with the current upheaval I think that will have to stay on the back burner till things calm down.

No comments: