Monday, November 11, 2013


Picture of the Week #259 "Bride & Groom" Tokyo, Japan 1989 Signed & Stamped

No, I am not a wedding photographer. Although I have taken pictures at weddings, but only for myself. when I had a Museum show in Tokyo during the Harajuku Arts festival I happen to pass a banquet room in the Okura Hotel where I was staying. A wedding was about to begin. I leaned in and they motioned for me to enter and to feel free to take pictures. I did. At first the couple were smiling and nodding their heads joyously. But the longer I stayed there the less they smiled. Finally when their faces were beginning to show the frustration of me not leaving I got this shot. I photoshopped them in to the overcast garden because I loved the color and the feeling. I also painted them but with the room as a background. Only yesterday I put the interior and exterior together to make this image.

No comments: