Monday, March 24, 2014


Picture of the Week #278 "New Edition of an Old Image - Andy Warhol The Signing B&W"  Los Angeles, CA 1977 & 2014 Signed & Stamped

I was emailing back and forth with my dear friend and wonderful artist Simon Gales when he suggested a dark border around my iconic triple color portrait of Pop Legend Andy Warhol. I just took it a step further and went B&W. I sent it to Meridith Baer who stages houses and before I could say Jackie Robinson she bought 4 very large prints from an edition of 20. Then I was contacted by art dealer Robert Berman who has the Santa Monica Auctions and he requested I put one in the upcoming sale. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to see if it pays for me to do this. Then another gallery that specializes in Andy's work requested four, so I think I hit on something that might just be a good seller.  I have it in 4 sizes and four price points so I can take full advantage of it's popularity.

No comments: