Monday, June 22, 2015



Picture of the Week #343 & Bonus "Terra Cotta Warriors Mandala 1, 2, & 3 Signed & Stamped

Needless to say this is a Special Picture of the Week. I thought that taking the images of the "Terra Cotta Warriors" and turning them into Mandalas was the way to present these 2,210 year old sculptures. As getting close up or even to eye level is strictly regulated, all tourists must observe from the platform above that encircles the excavation. Even though I was told you'll only need two hours to take it all in, I spent 4 and a half. Rather than being bothered by a guide I rented a cassette so that I could go at my own pace and take photos. It wasn't until I was back home in L.A. that I came up with the concept of making them into Mandalas. A Mandala represents the Universe, and Emperor Qin who ordered the mausoleum built for his afterlife, is also credited with creating the Great Wall of China. That was power.



No comments: