Monday, July 27, 2015


Picture of the Week #348 "Ladies Man of Lisbon" Lisbon, Portugal 1965 Signed & Stamped

Yes, 1 9 6 5, fifty years ago I took this picture. I was on my honeymoon with my first wife Wendy. We had gone to Paris, then Madrid, Barcelona and on to Lisbon before we took off for Tangiers. I also made a 16mm film of our travels that I called "Improm-2". I'm not sure as my memory isn't what it used to be, if that film was shown in the Museum of Modern Art in New York when we returned. I know that another documentary I made called "The Empty Hand" was shown along with some of my earliest music videos, including the one I did of the Beatles singing "I Feel Fine" and Barbra Streisand singing "My Coloring Book". Even though this picture sat in my files, I always remembered it. Yesterday I pulled it out, scanned it and printed it on archival paper. Vintage Verona as it's very best and obviously one of my favorites.

No comments: