Monday, August 17, 2015


Picture of the Week #351 " Camel Driver" Giza, Egypt 1989 Signed & Stamped

On my 1989 Around the World venture I had stopped in Cairo and of course went to Giza to see the Pyramids. I had a young boy of about 14 or 15 as my camel driver. But when we weren't bouncing up and down and was back on firm ground,  I was able to walk among the other drivers and take photos. This camel driver's face said so much about his life. All of my photos back then were shot on 35mm transparency film. Slides. Not the best quality for doing very large prints but for this image at 13" x 19" it was perfect. I'd love to go back and bring my darling wife Ann as this trip was before she and I met. I know there's hazards there now, especially for Americans, but the picture rewards could be substantial.

No comments: