Monday, November 16, 2015




Picture of the Week #364 "Paris Prayer" 2007/2015 & Bonus "Bloody Tragedy" 1989/2015

Last Friday the 13th's tragic killing in Paris reminded me of an image I took of a Tibetan Prayer Flag in front of the Eiffel Tower back in 2007. Yesterday I manipulated the image to to show the sky clouded over and brightened the yellow flag. The significance to me was the carnage reflected in the drab color of the sky and the Tower, but a ray of sunshine still glows beneath it. And while I felt that yellow was usually the color of cowardice and fear, that it was a two edged sword, as a Buddhist prayer flag gave hope to a kinder and safer world and that understanding and peace will soon prevail.  In the bottom image from 1989, I turned the sky red to reflect the blood spilt over my adopted second home. I'm not sure that bombing Syria is the answer. I believe that ISIS was started by Bush & Cheney's irresponsible acts of aggression and remember when Chaney categorically stated that we are going after Iraq, Iran and Syria. I said to myself back then, why Syria? What did they do to us? Maybe they are paying us back? I believe in freedom everywhere and that war and bombs are not always the answer. Understanding and communication is.


No comments: