Monday, May 15, 2017


Picture of the Week #442 "Class Outing" Giza, Egypt 1989 Signed & Stamped

It started when I was given $10,000 per diem and a first class round trip ticket from L.A. to Tokyo for an art show of my work. I asked if I could exchange it so I could go around the world. They said yes, and even gave me an additional $500 as believe it or not but around the world was cheaper than a return flight. I remember the car taking me from the airport out to Giza to my hotel. I saw the pyramids literally across the street. When the bellman opened my shutters I was flabbergasted to see just how close. I immediately grabbed my cameras and headed out. I walked past guides with their camels offering for me to take them. I shrugged them off at first and  just walked around on my own snapping away. After being inundated by everyone asking me to take them or sticking out their hands for some coins I quickly realized that the best way to stop them was to hire one. I did. He and his camel took me around. When we were at the largest of the pyramids I found a group of students with their teacher. I motioned that I would like to take their picture. They lined up obligingly. And here you have it. 

No comments: