Monday, September 4, 2017


Picture of the Week #453 "Rainbow Curtain"  Venice, Italy 2017 Signed & Stamped

I found this installation at this year's Venice Biennale. I thought it was more interesting as a photograph with my shadow hovering over and snapping away. I lost the name of the artist but was impressed by the presentation. It was one of the last installations we saw but it remained one of the more memorable. I was profoundly let down by Mark Bradford's in the American Pavillion. None of us got it and asked ourselves: "Is this the best America has to offer?". We moved on to see some terrific shows especially the photography exhibit in the Polish Pavillion. But the absolute best of the show was Damien Hirst's "Treasures From The Wreck of the Unbelievable". It boggles our collective minds that the show was panned with a review like this: "Damien Hirst’s doubleheader in Venice is undoubtedly one of the worst exhibitions of contemporary art staged in the past decade." I completely disagree and had to remember when Woody Allen said and I'm probably paraphrasing:" 'There are those who do and there are those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym .' Time will tell how the world reacts to this monumental undertaking. 


No comments: