Monday, January 22, 2018

Picture of the Week #473 "Ditch Digging" Hang Chow, China 1980 Signed & Stamped

On my first trip to Mainland China I was originally there to scout locations for a motion picture that I was set to direct. As I might have said before in one of my posts, the film was supposed to star Ingrid Bergman. Sadly she fell ill and the film was cancelled. I spent the next year back home going through all of the slides that I had taken and chose a number to paint from. That was when I came upon the idea of doing life size cut outs. My friends would all ask "What's China like?" and I would answer people, people and bicycles. Today it's cars everywhere. I was blown away at the progress that China has gone through in such a short period of time. Anyway, here's what it used to look like. 

No comments: