Monday, March 16, 2009

Picture of the Week #16 "Somebody's Baby"

Picture of the Week #16 "Somebody's Baby" Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York 2006  In 2006 I was invited to show my movie "Boardwalk" that starred Ruth Gordon, Lee Strasberg and Janet Leigh at the Coney Island Film Festival. This was the first time the film had been shown since it was first released back in 1979. Since I acquired all rights back along with my original investor, we were hoping for a distributor to see it and to pick it up for DVD and Cable release. That didn't happen, but the screening was a gigantic success. I received a 5 minute standing ovation and the audience stayed to ask me questions for the next 45 minutes. It was a wonderful feather in my film cap and validated my love for this film. The girl pictured was the first person you saw when you went inside the former Freak Show theater. An extraordinary venue for such a classical film. 

No comments: