Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picture of the Week #77 "Guard of Versailles"

Picture of the Week #77 "Guard of Versailles" Versailles, France 1972 Signed and Stamped

Versailles is one of my most favored places. I used to have visions of past lives living there. The opulence, the power, the beauty, and the escape of the "real" world around us. What it must have been like to have been invited there. To the banquets, the majesty of the lifestyle and the intrigue. To stroll through the marble and gold covered rooms the size of playing fields and to imagine the music playing, the women powdered and fluffed spinning to the plucked strings of a harp. What a life it must have been. Then I would wander for hours in the vast gardens thinking how fortunate I was to be able to be there when there were no tourists. Just a lonely Guard and myself.

No comments: