Sunday, May 23, 2010

Picture of the Week #78 "My Feet, My Po Po Feet"

Picture of the Week #78 "My Feet, My Po Po Feet" Brooklyn, New York 2006 Signed and Stamped

While my film "Boardwalk" was being screened at the Coney Island Film Festival my wife Ann and I walked on the actual boardwalk where I shot the movie and I took some pictures. Coney Island never fails to dazzle and delight me with the brash colors, the strange people, the intense fun house feeling of my youth and it's unique quality of life. Everyone seems to be relaxed and enjoying themselves versus the hustled and harried businessmen in the City. But even happy people have to rest as this guy did when he kicked off his shoes and laid back to enjoy the bright sun. It reminded me of Pearl Bailey who always used to say, "Oh my feet, my po po feet". It wasn't until I was older that I grew to appreciate the feeling of kicking off my shoes and sitting back to smell the roses.

No comments: