Sunday, August 8, 2010

Picture of the Week #89 "Style and Grace in Motion"

Picture of the Week #89 "Style and Grace in Motion" Paris, France 1984 Signed and Stamped

As a people watcher, I love taking pictures in Museums. The Louvre, even before the pyramid, was the ultimate space with enough art and people watching to last ten lifetimes. This image reminded me of a ballet as seen from the first balcony perspective. The spectator in red shoes in a stylized first position stance, to the bronze statue's movement, couldn't have been choreographed any better. But the topper was the single hand pointing in the lower right hand corner. I was so taken by this moment that I painted this image back then, way before Photo Shop allowed me to alter colors. This was and still is one of my favorite images that brings back memories of Paris, the moveable feast. When the Musee D'Orsay opened, these statues were placed on taller pedestals and moved there.

No comments: