Sunday, September 4, 2011

Picture of the Week #145 "Wooden Shoes of Vollendam"

Picture of the Week #145 "Wooden Shoes of Vollendam: Vollendam, Netherlands 1966 Signed and Stamped

I was producing & directing a series of commercials back in 1966 for Ogilvy & Mather Advertising. I don't remember the product but I know I traveled around the Netherlands on my own after shooting with Joop Gesink who was considered a dutch legend. He had built a scale model miniature version of Amsterdam and was known as the Walt Disney of Holland. I think it is still in existence today. I went to Vollendam and Marken on my time off and felt I was transported back in time as not much had changed in centuries. These wooden shoes were very much in use by the locals and not something I ever saw back in New York doorways.

No comments: