Sunday, September 11, 2011

Picture of the Week #146 "Ticking Artist"

Picture of the Week #146 "Ticking Artist" Tokyo, Japan 1989 Signed and Stamped

I had a show at a Museum in Tokyo. Other artists from all over the world joined me at the Harajuku Festival. The artist shown above was named Neil. But sadly I don't remember his last name. He also came from America. We never stayed in touch. I used this show to launch a trip around the world. The Museum and Shiseido gave me $10,000 for per diem and J.A.L. gave me a First Class round trip ticket from L.A. to Tokyo and back. I traded it in to go in one direction around the world. It was $500 cheaper so they gave me that money as well. Remember it was 1989 and a different world. But those two latin words, "per diem" are still my two favorite words in any language. I so miss flying on someone else's dime.

No comments: