Sunday, January 22, 2012

Picture of the Week #165 "Afternoon Stroll"

Picture of the Week #165 "Afternoon Stroll" Paris, France 1972 Signed and Stamped

I have always dreamt of living in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. When money was no object and the exchange rate was great for Americans, I always stayed at L'Hotel on rue des Beaux Arts. The ultra chic former home of Oscar Wilde, Mistinguett and countless other legends. One day on one of my many walks about the city I saw this old woman passing a gallery with a fashion drawing in the window. She could care less about the picture, all she wanted to do was get where she was going. I have stood on rue de Seine looking down rue Visconti so many times over the years and this image always comes to mind. I have a painting I did from this photo hanging for years in my bedroom. Every morning when I wake it's the first thing I see and the last vision at night.

No comments: