Sunday, October 7, 2012


Picture of the Week #202 "Contemplation" Madrid, Spain 1987 Signed and Stamped

Bullfighting had always intrigued me. When I was a kid I fantasized about being a Matador or a Race Car Driver. I was more interested in sports where your life was on the line rather than swinging a bat or throwing a ball. When I was older and went to Spain and Portugal where I actually was able to go see the bullfights up close, I realized just how crazy my childhood fantasy was. On my second trip to Spain as a semi known film director I was able to gain up close access to the Matadors. I took pictures from the Chapel to the butcher shop where the fresh meat was sold immediately after a kill. There was a forlorn look to this Matador where I wasn't sure if he was contemplating what he had just done or what he has to do. You decide.

No comments: