Sunday, June 22, 2014


Picture of the Week #291 Roy Lichtenstein & David Hockney Los Angeles, California 1977 Signed & Stamped

From the late 1970's on I hung out with one of the dearest men on the planet, Sidney B. Felsen. Who is Sidney? The co-owner of Gemini G.E.L. (Graphic Editions Limited) Gemini is without question the leading and most prestigious art publishing house for limited editions in the world. Every so often I would go over there and we would be joined for lunch or sometimes dinner with incredible artists who were there making prints. On this day Roy Lichtenstein was finishing up a job while David Hockney was starting one. We all hung out in the back room for a while and then when Sidney was ready we walked across the street to the best restaurant Los Angeles had to offer at that time, Ma Maison. Yes, the same place where chef Wolfgang Puck started with famed restauranteur Patrick Terrail. David took my picture as I took their's. Who said artists have to starve for their art? I am so happy to have taken this souvenir image that I know I will always  cherish.

No comments: