Monday, August 11, 2014


Picture of the Week #298 "Rowing in Hang Chow"  Hang Chow, China 1980 Signed & Stamped

I went to China in 1980 to scout locations and prep a movie that would have been the first Chinese / American co-production that I was slated to direct. Sadly the film was cancelled but I had taken many pictures of what I saw. China was very primitive in those days. It was only four years after the "Gang of Four" and Mao Tse Tung were removed from power. Most only wore blue "Mao" outfits. And all the women had the same hair do. Obviously a lot has changed. I am planning on returning and putting together a traveling exhibit both in China and here titled: "MAO to NOW". It would show the vast changes that have been made especially in cities like Shanghai. I am looking forward to returning.

No comments: