Monday, August 18, 2014


Picture of the Week #299 "Tanning Salon of Marrakech" Marrakech, Morocco 1986 Signed & Stamped

This was the third time I had gone to Morocco. Each time I swore I wasn't going back and then realized how much I loved it there. So, when in 1986 I was invited to visit the new Moroccan Film Studios in Ouarzazate I jumped at the chance. Plus I was going with other film producers that I knew. When we were in Marrakech and the surroundings they took us to this dye factory where they were tanning leathers. This was the image I got. I cannot begin to tell you how bad it smelled. We were each given a clump of peppermint to keep under our nose in case we were overcome by the aroma. And believe me we were. Somehow I was able to take this gritty shot to preserve the memory and thankfully without the stench.

No comments: