Monday, March 9, 2015


Picture of the Week #328 "Are You Sure" Venice, California 2014 Signed & Stamped

I was going to title this image "Need A Beer" like the sign says. But then I thought about it and realized he doesn't, but I gave him a buck anyway for allowing me to take his picture. All sorts of colorful people not to mention backgrounds are there. It's a photographers dream except for the hostility you sometimes encounter when one of the crazies doesn't want to be photographed. Now I have a new Sony A7 camera that has a screen on the back that tilts so that I no longer have to bring the view finder up to my eye. This way most people don't know I'm taking their pictures. It's how Vivian Meier got her extraordinary images with a twin lens Rolleiflex. Sneaky but effective.

No comments: