Monday, March 30, 2015



Picture of the Week # 331 "Wrapped & Rap Bicycles" Shanghai, China 1980 & 2014 Signed & Stamped

Working on my "MAO to NOW" exhibit. I returned to mainland China last October & November after 34 years and tried to retrace my steps. But nothing looked the same. Oh yes, the great Wall, the Forbidden City etc are the same but the people and  the color are dramatically different. A simple illustration would be these two bicycle pictures I took then and now. I must say after being in China just last November I was able to put together three shows. The first in Shanghai at ArtN Space in June & July. Then in October & November at Picture This Gallery in Hong Kong, and finally at the Power Station of Art, the only State owned Museum in Shanghai for the Shanghai Biennale in 2016 and 17. I must admit that I am proud to have accomplished this in such a short period of time. Okay it took me 34 years, but hey I did it.

No comments: