Monday, April 11, 2016



Picture of the Week #385 "Liza" New York City 1972 Signed & Stamped

These photos of Liza Minelli are from my days producing & directing Music Videos. Yes, I am credited with having created the modern day Music Video as I started with The Beatles in 1964. That was 19 years BEFORE MTV. When Clive Davis was President of CBS/Columbia Records I produced & directed all of their videos that were shown at their annual record convention. In the beginning I had total control and ownership of the visuals. The recording artist and their publishers owned the soundtracks. But in 1972 CBS declared that I was an employee and no longer owned the visual rights. I had to go along with them as they paid me very well and that was how I was able to finance my first feature film "The Lords of Flatbush". The rest is history.

No comments: