Monday, January 2, 2017

Picture of the Week #423 "Waiting, Watching, Wondering" West Hollywood, California 2016 Signed & Stamped

I stopped by MOCA in West Hollywood to see this furniture exhibit by Rick Owens who I believe is married to Michele Lamy who gave me my breakout show "Holy Men, Medicine Men, Mad Men" back in 2002 at her gallery "Les Deux Cafe". She also put on this exhibit so I was anxious to see it. Sadly it didn't knock me out. Yes, I did like some of the pieces, but it all felt like style over function. The function may have been purposely ignored but I just didn't get it. The bench these two people were sitting on was one of the more interesting pieces. I'm also not a fan of the image hanging on the wall. These two people were sitting and looking at it and I was wondering what they saw in it or were they just resting? 

No comments: