Monday, September 7, 2009

Picture of the Week #41 "Coney Island Respite"

Picture of the Week #41 " Coney Island Respite" Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York USA 2006 Signed and Stamped
In 2006 I was honored by the Coney Island Film Festival and to screen my motion picture "Boardwalk" starring Ruth Gordon, Lee Strasberg and Janet Leigh. As my film had barely been seen since the 1979 Cannes Film Festival I jumped at the chance. A month earlier I had acquired all rights, title and interest back from the current library holder to my semi-autobiographical film, of which I am extremely proud. The film was screened digitally and received a five minute standing ovation. There was a Q & A afterwards that lasted about 45 minutes. My hope was that a distributor would hear of this successful screening and want to scoop up the rights for DVD and cable sales. Needless to say that didn't happen. I was turned down because the actors were dead. As far as distributors go they only want name actors to promote their films. If there is no name actor available, then it is off to that library in the sky of never being seen films. Even worthy films like this. While the film was being screened I went for a walk along the Boardwalk and did what I love to to, take pictures. Coney Island is a potpourri of images and characters. It is so colorful and graphic it's hard to take a bad picture.

No comments: