Monday, January 11, 2010

Picture of the Week #59 "Lee Strasberg & Ruth Gordon"

Picture of the Week #59 "Lee Strasberg & Ruth Gordon" Brooklyn, New York 1978 Signed and Stamped

My favorite film that I made was definitely "Boardwalk". I was lucky and grateful to have the legends Lee Strasberg and Ruth Gordon as well as the fabulous Janet Leigh to star in my ill fated Independent film. Sadly the distributor went broke and my film never really saw the light of day, even after garnering all of the accolades at the 1979 Cannes Film Festival. This image was taken while we were resetting the lights between takes. It said everything that I wanted to convey in the film about an elderly couple who have loved and enjoyed each other for 50 years, but will soon face time and societal changes. To have written for and directed these incredible actors was the highlight of my film career and this image brings it all back so simply and so lovingly.

1 comment:

Martyn Tott said...

Great picture. Ruth was brilliant in 'Harold and Maude'. I love photographs when the subjects are being natural.