Monday, January 18, 2010

Picture of the Week #60 "Future Artist of Florence"

Picture of the Week #60 "Future Artist of Florence" Florence, Italy 1989 Signed and Stamped

On the last leg of my around the world trip in 1989 I was walking across the Arno River in Florence when I looked down to see this budding artist drawing. I couldn't make out what they were drawing and didn't wait around to see the finished product. There is so much to see in Italy and so little time that I just kept moving. I often thought of this image and wondered what the drawing looked like when it was done. Then one day I thought could it be they are writing a letter, after all this was before email and photoshop. So I scanned the 35mm slide into my computer into photoshop, blew it up and saw that it probably is a drawing as there is a pencil case next to them that artists usually carry, and a coke. A simple deduction.

No comments: