Monday, February 1, 2010

Picture of the Week #62 "Bahamian Police"

Picture of the Week #62 "Bahamian Police" Nassau, Bahamas 1970 Signed and Stamped

In 1970 I produced and directed a 90 minute film for Clive Davis and Columbia/CBS Records featuring 53 major recording artists including Barbra Streisand, Johnny Cash, Chicago, Santana, and more. The film was a series of Music Videos promoting the artist's new song release on the label and was screened at the Columbia Records convention in Nassau. It was a huge success and I decided to hang out and recoup after a blistering 5 months of film making. On my strolls around the island I stumbled upon the Police Station where they were just breaking role call. This was one of the images that I later went on to paint and have cherished. It always captured the heat of the noonday sun and the warmth of the Caribbean for me.

No comments: