Monday, November 10, 2014


Picture of the week #311 "iChina" Shanghai, China 2014 Signed & Stamped

Forgive me but as I was in China my post of the Picture of the Week # 309 titled "Shake Rattle & Roll" never got in to my blog. As you might have heard China blocks Google, Facebook and other sites and mine must have been one of them Anyway, we're back and here's this week image of a man clipping his nails under a huge sign for the iPhone. This will be a part of my series "MAO to NOW" a photographic exploration of change that I am currently mounting. Notice the McDonalds logo on the upper right. This image will be alongside a picture I took back in 1980 where people all dressed alike in blue Mao outfits got their information by going to the street corner and reading the posted newspapers. Remember people were very poor in those days and no one could afford to buy papers or even film. So my vintage images are now golden. My show will show the vast changes that have occurred and I hope to have a beautiful coffee table book that will not only be educational, but fun as well, like the picture above.

No comments: