Monday, November 24, 2014


Picture of the Week #313 "Miss Shu & the Neon Babe" Shanghai, China 1980 & 2014

This is from my latest series titled: "MAO to NOW" a photographic exploration of change. Miss Shu on the left was my interpreter when I was in China in 1980. She was always dressed in a a simple grey MAO outfit. Many people wore Blue. Today things have hanged as you can see. Plus my "Neon Babe" is holding a cell phone and is exposing a little thigh and open toed shoes. That was strictly forbidden 34 years ago. To say China has changed would be a ludicrous understatement. I loved being there to see the great leaps except for the traffic and the pollution. I am sure I will post images showing how brown or grey the cities have become. Anyway, stay tuned to more of "MAO to NOW". 

No comments: