Monday, August 15, 2016


Picture of the Week #403 "Dapper" Cogolin, France 1981 Signed & Stamped

This was taken the last year I had my house in Grimaud in the South of France. Periodically I would take pictures of the locals in the adjoining villages. I happened on this gentleman as I was strolling the town of Cogolin. He politely posed for a few snaps. Back in those days I was just snapping pictures, not really thinking of making photography a career. I used many of my photos as sketches for paintings. It's strange that I photographed people playing Boule, or Petanque as it is sometime called, but only did a couple of paintings, whereas I have hundreds of photos. I never played boule, but I always stop and watch and am fascinated by the intensity that the players have. This dapper gentleman was not playing nor even interested. He just happened to walk by and paused when I lifted my camera. He saluted me when he left.

No comments: