Monday, September 17, 2018


Picture of the Week #506 "Vhal Infront of his Painting" Los Angeles, California 2016 Signed & Stamped 

When I went downtown a couple of years ago with my friend and Art dealer Eliane Gans we met with James who goes under the name "Vyal", a local street artist. He's a big hulking and rather intimidating presence but once you get to know him he's a giant pussy cat. I don't know if he'll like that description but I immediately liked him and any negative thoughts quickly dissipated. He was very amenable to having me take his picture. This painting that he had done was on the front of a large building that housed artists's makeshift studios. When I asked him to pose for me he responded by doing so without one word spoken. I love the juxtaposition of the hulking artist and his colorful painting. 

No comments: