Sunday, July 18, 2010

Picture of the Week #86 "Andrea Bocelli"

Picture of the Week #86 "Andrea Bocelli" Vatican City, Rome, Italy 2009 Signed and Stamped

When I was honored to be among the 220 artists from around the world invited to the Sistine Chapel to hear Pope Benedict's Address to Artists, I met Andrea Bocelli. I took this image of him and immediately his wife came over and at first I thought I would be scolded, but instead she smiled and asked sweetly if I would photograph them together with their two sons. I did and emailed it to them. But there was something much more haunting about this image, especially the reflection in his mirrored glasses. This photo and others of celebrities that I have taken will be shown this Thursday the 22nd at Art & Artifact Photographic Center here in Los Angeles. It should be a blast.

No comments: