Sunday, July 25, 2010

Picture of the Week #87 "Sylvester Stallone & Richard Gere"

Picture of the Week #87 "Sylvester Stallone & Richard Gere" New York City, New York 1972 Signed and Stamped

I took this picture in my apartment during the early days of rehearsal when Sylvester Stallone and Richard Gere were my original leads in my first feature film, "The Lords of Flatbush". We rehearsed on and off while I was always pausing to run out to find the money to go into production. One day, months later, the three of us went to Coney Island to rehearse at the proposed location, Nathan's Famous. Sly and Richard got into a fight. All I remember was that Sly said something about not getting mustard on him and the next thing I knew I was pulling them apart. From that day on, things went downhill fast and I eventually had to replace Richard with Perry King. I always felt that Sly was outgoing while Richard was internal. They have not spoken since that day, so this charming image is a rarity. It is now on exhibit for the next few weeks at Art & Artifact Gallery in Los Angeles, along with others from my film and video making days.

No comments: