Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Calamity Into Art

Calamity Into Art - On Sunday March 21st it poured. Ann & I were watching TV upstairs in my studio when I went down to the kitchen for something and was shocked to see that a piece of our living room ceiling had come down. I called for her to see. She let out a startled "OMG". I called our terrific roofer Rene Manzano who said he would be there first thing Monday morning. And sure enough he came with a helper. They went all over the roof but found no broken tiles. So they caulked where the flashing met the wall and said when it dries out to have our painter do it again, just to make sure. So, for the rest of Monday we lived with the hole, but it bugged me. So I took one of my life size cut outs of a nude and the first thing Tuesday I hung her from the ceiling thereby transforming a negative into a positive.

No comments: