Sunday, March 13, 2011

Picture of the Week #119 "All Together Now"

Picture of the Week #119 "All Together Now" Venice, Italy 2011 Signed and Stamped

If I had a "Bucket List" the Venice Carnivale would have to be on it. I had been feeling terribly for weeks and truly thought that I better go now before I was unable. I had been aching and feeling like I was going to come down with something but never did. I also had stomach aches and kept visualizing that I had a blockage, plus my stomach was really extended even though I ate very little. The problem was what I did eat was nutritionally corrupt. Potato Chips, chocolate, tons of butter and in general - crap. My beautiful wife Ann said that I should go as she knew when I go to take pictures I become consumed and it would take my mind off of the aches and pains. She preferred to stay home and work on her writings. Literally as I was about to board the plane when she called me to tell me my Doctor had called and that my cholesterol had skyrocketed and he wanted me to take a double dose of medicine. I made a decision that I would put that off till I came home but that I would behave myself and not gorge on junk food. I focused on fish and salads and sure enough in a few days I felt rejuvenated. I'm incredibly disciplined. Taking pictures and a change in diet saved me. The Carnivale was the most joyous event I had ever attended. People were friendly and posed graciously. And although crowded, the weather shined on us and everything just fell into place. It was in one word - FANTASTIC.

No comments: