Monday, March 28, 2011

Picture of the Week #122 "Delicious"

Picture of the Week # 122 "Delicious" Venice, Italy 2011 Signed and Stamped

I have been obsessed with the costumes from this years Carnivale in Venice. I am working on a major series of life size cut outs that I am printing on Cintra, an archival plastic. My goal is to have maybe 20 or 30 of them standing around. Collectors, Museums and Gallerists can place them as they like as they are still editioned photographs. I am printing some only 4 feet high so they can be hung on walls like traditional pictures. These are somewhere between photography and sculpture. The Carnivale as an event is the great equalizer. You don't know who is rich or poor, pretty or ugly, man or woman, black or white. The revelers can pretend to be someone they are not. We as spectators can appreciate them. It's an extraordinary event and one that I will cherish.

No comments: