Monday, May 9, 2016


Picture of the Week #389 "Me by Me" Bel Air, California 2016 Signed & Stamped

While my beautiful wife Ann was away visiting her brother & having some spare time I decided to try something different, a self portrait.  I hung a piece of black velvet and closed the shutters in my studio so only one side light shown in. I put my Sony camera on auto and hit the button and hustled back into my seat waiting for the shutter to click. Then I'd jump up and see how it looked. They were all out of focus. Fed up I tried with my Canon. Finally after countless tries I got this one. I quickly put it into the computer and turned it B&W. I felt good about it so I decided that I would use it as my picture on Facebook. Only I'm not sure what happened but suddenly I started getting compliments from people saying what a great photo it was. I'm still going to post it as my Picture of the Week even if many people already saw it.  I'm also putting it on my business cards. It's my best "selfie".

No comments: