Monday, May 2, 2016


Picture of the Week #388 "Petanque Paris" Paris, France 1972 & 1989 Signed & Stamped

I am obsessed by Boule Players. I have photographed them since I first starting going to France. The Boule Player here is either from the South of France or the Dordogne area in 1989. The Eiffel Tower behind him was taken in 1972 when I thought I might be moving to Paris from New York and to follow my dream of being an artist. But, when the movie I was producing & directing, "The Lords of Flatbush" was sold to Columbia Pictures in 1974 and was an instant hit I decided that I could always move to Paris, but you can't always move to Hollywood with a hit film. So, I came out here to sunny southern California. Yes, there have been extended stays in France for as long as a year and a half. This was just at the beginning of the internet. We plan on returning full time when our beloved cat Babette finally goes off to dance with Elvis. She's almost 20 so each day we are closer and closer to returning. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore her and have battled my allergy just to keep her.  For my wife she is her baby. A stronger love is hard to find.

No comments: