Monday, October 3, 2016

Picture of the Week #410 "Reflecting Museum Guard" Paris, France 1982 Signed & Stamped

Melancholy could have also been a title to this contemplative image. As a photographic voyeur I am always trying to capture moments that appear in front of me. Sometimes I'm successful, often times not. This was a winner. I was in my habitual tour of the Louvre when passing through the Egyptian wing I noticed her sitting there. Click. I moved on. She was none the wiser that I had recorded her private moment for posterity. What I also was attracted to is the diagonal shadow cast from the wall relief and that her leg was in exactly the same direction. I'm not sure I was as aware as I am now of the graphics of this image then. I was too busy just getting the camera to my eye and snapping this one take. I rarely do more than one take, except now that I have gone digital I've moved along with the times. So it's not uncommon for me to snap 4 or 5 shots and decide later which is the best.

No comments: