Monday, October 17, 2016


Picture of the Week # 412 "Jim Nabors" Bel Air, California 1972 Signed & Stamped

Back when I was producing and directing Music Videos I had the distinct pleasure of working with Jim Nabors. Most people knew him as the bumbling "Gomer Pyle" on TV, but he also had an incredible singing voice. He sang "To Dream the Impossible Dream" from "Man of La Mancha" and blew us all away. And this was in his house with no musical accompaniment. If memory serves me correctly I also did one or two more songs with him on a stage, but I remember him standing by the window over looking the city in a tuxedo and gloriously belting out the tune. Why I had him in a tuxedo is lost in my memory, but I do remember he invited me to his house in Hawaii and to drive his Ferrari. I guess I made an impression on him.    

No comments: